The latest version of the firmware is R006_2. Firmware updates are easy with the spectrum.
Gather the following:
- The microSD card that came with you spectrum. Do not format or change this card. The default file system can be read and written to by mac or windows and should not be changed.
- A way to write to that card from your computer. This is a simple SD to microSD card adapter if your computer has an SD card slot, or a USB card reader with a microSD card slot. This is not included with your spectrum, but these are easy to pick up.
- Your ST4 with a power source.
Here is how you do it:
- Download the latest firmware zip (see the link below to the ST4_R006_2.zip file)
- Connect your microSD card to your computer.
- Extract the contents of the zip file to your microSD card's root (update folder should be at root)
<STOP - this is important. What this means is that the update folder and its contents are immediately under the drive that is mounted with your SD card. If its not, the firmware upgrade won't start!)
- Eject the card from your computer.
- Insert the micro SD card to your ST4 (Tip: putting a tape tail on the card allows for easy removal)
- Power on the ST4 and WAIT for 30 seconds. Really wait, no screen comes on during the update process, but it will light back up when complete.
- Once the update is complete, power down the ST4, take out the microSD card, and put it back in the holder, for the next update.
Want more detailed firmware update instructions? Try these.
Looking for older versions of the firmware?